Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Homemade Chai Mix

I got this recipe from the woman's weekend retreat at my church last weekend.  It was wonderfully yummy.. but I must confess I love chai.

I didn't learn who's recipe it was, but I'm glad they shared it!  It rivals a well known version from a home based party line... I can't believe I said that much :)


Spiced Chai Tea Mix

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
1 1/2 cup sugar (could probably use sugar substitute)
1 cup unsweetened instant tea (I don't like instant tea and didn't notice it at all)
3/4 cup vanilla powdered nondairy creamer
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Combine all ingredients.  Put through blender or food processor- process until powdery.  Store in airtight container for up to 6 months.  Makes 5 cups of mix.

To Prepare:  Dissole 3 tablespoons of mix in 3/4 cup of boiling water.  Stir well.  Use more or less water to suite your tastes.

I hope enjoy it!  I did!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Have you tried it mixed in Cool Whip? It should make a kind of chai mousse dessert!

Suz said...

Yummy... sounds great! Will have to try that one :)

Thanks!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I'm going to have to try this for some gifts for CHRISTmas for my tea loving friends. Thank you so much for sharing!

Suz said...

Sherry... great idea! Put it in some of those cellophane wrappers and get some nice mugs. Would be a great gift for teachers, etc.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fireproofbanner